Today I'm doing my first email blast - if I can figure out the LinkedIn tools for managing groups! I'm hoping some of my business contacts want to join this cause - spreading the word to their counterparts, visiting / commenting on the blog, getting involved with the folks doing the work on the ground, etc. I'm excited - but only cautiously optimistic. Lots and lots of moving parts:
1) Will I figure out the email tools?
2) Will people read and click through the blast?
3) Will they join the group, visit the blog, etc?
Heck - sending the email is the first step - then we'll see what happens. I'm going to start getting more content posted, and link to more resources. And hopefully over Labor Day weekend I'll start working on the website - we'll see how that comes along.
Alright - now all I have to do is hit send...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for the invitation, David.
Environmental concerns, water and trees are areas of focus for me. There are a lot of people doing a lot of different things. I am/have been the co-chair on the environmental committee of my youngest son's elementary/ intermediate schools and am active in city-wide events, too. My husband and I have gardened organically for over 20 years and we are just beginning to plan to convert to solar electricity and hot water as well as adding purchasing/converting to an EV or hybrid.
As a group, there are several of us that meet monthly to watch various films including "The Girl in the Cafe", "Who Killed the Electric Car", "The Future of Food", The Dirt on Farmer John" ... the movie "Millions" is both funny and informative regarding wells and available drinking water.
Regarding water, I am aware of ...
World Water Day/ March 22nd [UN associated] http://www.worldwaterday.net/
The Natural Resources Defense Council http://www.nrdc.org/water/default.asp
Rivers Alive [State of GA]
Also, most of the big organizations concern themselves with water ... Sierra Club, etc.
Hi David! I am happy to lend a hand or email. I am a member of the ONE Campaign and CARE. I have always had an interest in public health and poverty, so any little thing I can contribute I am happy to do.
Post a Comment